Monday, January 9, 2012

Review: Baby Bottom Butter – Thumbs “In Pockets”


The Claim:  It was designed to protect babies bottoms, keeping them smooth, free from infection and sores, but it has become an anti-aging phenomenon.

Baby Bottom Butter, which is priced at just £2.54, has become the top selling skincare product for people of all ages, particularly women, at Waitrose.


The Review:  If you like dipping your face into Crisco then you'll love the texture of this cream.  Although I love the fact that the ingredients are all natural and the product contains no parabens I just can't get past the fact that it's suuuuuper greasy.  For every day use I would say this product is a no go, but then again that is just my opinion.  I tend to prefer heavier and greasier face lotions, but this one was just too much for even me.

I cannot give this product a negative review, because I found that it is an amazing foot cream, works well on rough and dry cuticles and did work quite well as a face cream after I had a medium depth chemical peel.  My makeup slid off of my face when I tried to use this during the day, but at night it was fine, as long as I had my hair tied back.  The smell is lovely and the price can't be beat.


Purchasing Information: You can purchase this product in Waitrose (if you can find it in stock) or on-line at the Waitrose site .


Ingredients:  Olea Europeae (Olive Oil), Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Vanillin, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile Oil).

2 comments:

  1. LOL - I do like dipping my face in Crisco...

    What are your thoughts on the hydrodentated oil? I know it's not good to ingest hydrogenated oils and I've always been taught, if you wouldn't eat it, don't put it on your skin. This guy Colin is opposed - but so many others love it: http://colinsbeautypages.co.uk/waitrose-baby-bottom-butter-update/

    Can't get it here in the States from what I can see - just wondering what you think - or maybe you can ship me some - LOL

    I've used olive oil as a moisturizer before and been ok - my dry skin in this desert climate soaks it up - it must be the hydrogenation that makes it so greasy in the Baby Bottom Butter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a bit disappointed to see the hydrogenated oil, because there are better ways to thicken up a cream, but as usual hydrogenation is the cheapest way so is often used.

    Although I know it's terrible to ingest, I have not read any articles stating that it is bad for your skin and Colin states as much in his article.

    I would be interested to know how someone with sensitive or acnaeic skin does with this product. As for me, I've just got dry, mature (code for old), skin and this does ok for that.

    Maybe I'll hold a contest for the unused jar that I have :-)

    ReplyDelete