Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Trade Show aka Tranny Show


I attended the Olympia Beauty Show, my 2nd beauty trade show in London, this past weekend. Honestly, it could have passed for any Friday evening at a gay club.  I've never seen so many trannylicious looking ladies in my life.  This goes for any beauty show, as even the mother of all skincare shows, IECSC in Las Vegas, is just as, if not more, tacky, but does have a much better layout and amazing discounts.

Why is it that so many women in the beauty industry look so tacky? How can you promote makeup, when you don't even know how to apply it properly? Stripper lip and obviously fake eyelashes don't look good on anyone....ever!

I've noticed that one of the big sellers (for obvious reasons) at the beauty shows in London are the spray tans that you can get for free or almost free at the show.  Women are practically beating each other to strip down to their underwear, in public, and have their bodies painted.  They don't even provide paper bras and panties at the shows here...you just stand there in your own underwear...very strange.  To be honest I would have probably gone for one myself if I wasn't behind in the waxing department.  I am in a constant state of pale since moving here. 

As always there were teeth whitening systems, waxing systems, various skincare lines and LOTS of Nail Technician supplies available at the Olympia Beauty Show.  The discounts were few and far between and the aisles were not large enough for people to comfortably walk around the show, much less get in and out of the booths.  There were hoards of rolling luggage toting ladies, giggling school girls and of course the over the top fashionistas (at least in their own minds).

I would have loved to see a booth offering make-unders, but at least everyone attending seemed to have sparkling teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment