Friday, January 21, 2011

Review: Nectifirm® from Revision Skincare – Thumbs “In Pockets”


The Claim:  A twice-daily-use cream, Revision Skincare's Nectifirm® hones in on the neck and decolletage to decrease wrinkle depth.  Packed with lipopeptides that have been shown to tighten and lift the neck, it also contains flavonoids to break up stubborn fatty deposits under the chin and along the neck.

Biotechnological extract reinforces the cohesion between the dermis and epidermis smoothing roughness and crepiness. Clinical studies showed a decrease in wrinkle depth of 67%.

Plant-based molecule helps slow the ability to store lipids, reduces fat already accumulated and helps prevent the creation of new lipid deposits.


The Review:  You had me at neck.  When it comes to anything that helps the neck I take notice and I’m a sucker for a claim.  I read about Nectifirm® in a reputable beauty magazine for professionals and since I am slowly forming my very own turkey neck I decided I would give it a try.  Who wouldn’t want a neck cream that minimizes a double chin and improves the texture of the skin.  The article, as well as the Nectifirm® web site had great before and after photos and I was hooked.

I have to give this neck cream a rating of “Thumbs in Pockets”, because I don’t know whether to give it a Thumbs Up as a great moisturizer or a Thumbs Down as it doesn’t live up to the claims.  I had a funny feeling that there was no miracle cream that would remove my sagging chin and striated lines, but of course I always dream that it will happen and therefore I buy into the hype. 

I did notice that when I smoothed the cream onto my neck the appearance of the lines were definitely less, so therefore it is a great moisturizer and it does appear to moisturize for about half a day.  By evening the lines are back and it’s time to slather on some more cream.  Unfortunately I still have a double chin and I don’t think anything short of stepping up my exercise routine and/or a little liposuction is going to help that.

I think I’ll stick to my regular, and cheaper, heavy cream for the neck and chalk Nectifirm® up to a nice cream, but a bit overpriced.


Purchasing Information:  You can use the Nectifirm® web site to find a local retailer for Nectifirm®, or you can just Google it and buy it online.  I paid $49 for mine online.
 

Ingredients:  Purified water, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) extract, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Yeast) extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed extract, Tricaprylin, Glycerin, Methylsilanol Carboxymethyl Theophylline, Cetyl Esters, Phellodendron Amurense Bark extract, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Dimethicone, PEG-100 Stearate (emulsifier), Squalane (emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (emulsifier), Palmitoyl Tripeptide-3, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) extract, Lauryl Lactate, Cetearyl Alcohol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient/thickening), Ceteareth-20, Ceramide 2, Dihydromyricetin (fat reducer), Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3, Algae Extract, Barmbusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) extract, Steareth-20, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer (thickener/stabilizer), Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Pisum Sativum (Pea) extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Polysorbate 60 (emulsifier), Butylene Glycol (humectant), Glucosamine HCL (anti-inflammatory), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C), PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Triethanolamine, Caprylyl Glycol, Tribehenin, Diazolidinyl Urea (preservative), Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum (thickener), lodopropynyl Butylcarbamate (preservative), Fragrance.


2 comments:

  1. So what do you use??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Currently I am using Miracle Worker from Philosophy (review coming soon) and I'm really liking it. Granted nothing is going to make a turkey neck look like a 20 year olds neck, short of surgery, but this stuff definitely helps hide some of the lines. Otherwise I use the moisturizing oils that I make and sell.

    ReplyDelete